Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's time again

It's time again for Southern Summer of Socks!

We've decided this year to host the group mainly on Ravelry, since it worked really well for the Tour de France KAL.

Hopefully lots of people will join us!

As for personal challenges this year, I think it will be pretty simple for me:

1. Finish 2 pairs of socks from my personal sock club (including the ones I'm currently knitting!) before the end of this year

2. Try to finish the other 5 (yes five!!) pairs of socks I also have on the needles right now, by the end of SSoS!

11 comments:

Bells said...

Five pairs of socks OTN?

*Faint*

I plan to do all socks and lace this summer. That's it.

MadMad said...

Whoa. That's ambitious! But you can do it! And I'll be rooting for ya'. Can't wait to see all the fun socks!

Michelle said...

Oh fantastic! Still thinking about whether to join, as it's often lonely being the only crochet socker in the village *snort*

Michelle said...

Just kidding. I'm there.

Donna Lee said...

It always seems odd to have a Summer of Socks when we wear them in the winter. Unless the purpose is to make socks for the coming winter.

It's not summer here but i might join too. Have to think up some goals though.

Sarah said...

Can I join in with a northern winter of socks? I certainly have a lot otn :)

Jan said...

I'm in yet again and Bells got it right socks and lace. Possibly lacy socks too.

Hopefully real summer does not arrive too soon because we have a house move on our hands. Socks should be god, small, portable. Lots of packing here and unpacking the other end too.

DrK said...

wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Lynne said...

Only one sock on the needles right now but I spent yesterday designing, knitting, writing and editing a sock [cuff down, hourglass heel] that can be knit on straight needles! Took five hours but I did it!!

Leonie said...

Lordy you are ambitious! Can't wait to see them all!

kgirlknits said...

sweet. I am aiming to get ONE pair done within the timeframe of Summer ;)