Friday, May 09, 2008

Well, if I can't go to Webs...

If I can't go to Webs, then Amy and Kim decided that Webs could come to me!

I was at home on Tuesday, when the mailman delivered a little box to my front door. Boxes from the mailman are always so full of promise aren't they - especially when they are unexpected!

My box had this:
And a note from Amy assuring me that she asked the Yarn Harlot when she was going to come to Australia. Apparently the person from the publishing house or her agency helpfully noted that the Yarn Harlot was going to the UK later this year! (you can read the exchange here) Oh well ... at least I've got a Yarn Harlot badge and a Webs bag and Amy's (and others) report - so I can pretend I've seen her!!And Kim very kindly offered to buy me something from Webs in exchange for some yarn I sent her (heck, I was pretty happy just to get rid of some stash!) and bought me the most perfect shade of red Cascade 220, and threw in some surprise Blue Skies Alpacky as well!
And the card is so totally me - knitting on a red loungechair with the dirty laundry shoved out of the way and the cat sleeping on the chair with me! Which is exactly what I will be doing for the rest of today!

12 comments:

Bells said...

Sigh. You are so damn lucky. I've been hanging out for this post to see what you got.

Such riches! Such wonder. We know some very cool people.

And yes, that whole Yarn Harlot/UK thing was just mystifying.

Don't get off the comfy chair again, I say! Unless you have to pee.

amanda j said...

Hm. I don't think we can assume anything about what people do and don't know about Australia, Australians and where we are!

What a lovely lovely haul! Lucky you.

Linda said...

I love the red cascade, great parcel from postie!

Rachael Elswyk said...

Nice, I say, nice lookin' yarn you have there missy!

catsmum said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 'paca
yum
almost makes up for the losing of the filling, necessitating a visit to Dr de Sade

amy said...

Hee. Glad you like it. Now where on earth has Bells' package gotten to?!?!

Anonymous said...

So happy you're enjoying the goodies. You have no idea how relieved I am that I'm able to finish my sweater. Soon...

Thanks again!

Sarah said...

Ooh good pressies!

I'll take a petition for a visit from the Australian knitters to the YH if you like :o)

MadMad said...

Oh, that is a great card! How come my packages never get there that quickly?! Maybe my postman thinks Australia's in England, too!

Alwen said...

While I'll admit to once confusing Estonia with Ethiopia, I do know that Australia is not in the UK.

Isn't alpaca soft? I would have bought mine just to pet it.

TinkingBell said...

Oh lovely -what a great package!
You lucky duck - don't you move from that comfy chair (Oh envy - just because one of us has a child with chickenpox doesn't mean the other one can't enjoy the day!)

Michele said...

vicarious drooling