Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SHOESday: shoes for socks

We interrupt the regular boot show this week to show you my latest shoe acquisition - shoes for socks!
I've been looking for ages for a pair of casual shoes which will show off my handknitted socks - while I love the feel of handknitted socks, and so will wear them even if no-one can see them, it is quite nice to be able to show them off as well - they're too pretty to hide inside sneakers all the time (even if they are Converse!!)I've been on the hunt for some time for the right shoe for this purpose. They had to be a colour which would go with most of my socks (and not compete with them) and be casual enough to wear with jeans and also comfy, as I'd likely be wearing them shopping and other weekend experiences!After a few false starts (shoes not in my size, or great shoes but suede which is just not so practical in winter) I found these - very comfy, good with jeans, shows off the socks nicely - and green inside - pretty!

18 comments:

Bells said...

Oh they are perfect. Last week's shoe expedition was obviously so very successful. I really, really like those.

amy said...

I like them, too!! Inside and out!

DrK said...

oh nice! very nice indeed. perfect on all counts.

Ann said...

The shoes are perfect & I love them too!

Julie said...

Woohoo! Lovely. I've got a similar pair... I hope yours are as comfortable as mine.

Excellent sock choice, also. Very red.

MadMad said...

Oh, perfect! I have this same issue; it's hard to find shoes that show off the cool socks! Those look great, though!

Em said...

The shoes are perfect for handknit socks. Excellent choice, as always.

TinkingBell said...

Oh very nice - I wear my black Mary Janes - but these are much edgier!

Sarah said...

Good work! I haven't managed this shoe option yet, the pair I bought for this purpose earlier in the year are too small to get most of my handknit socks in comfortably!

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why I never wear my handknit socks... I need some cool shoes like yours!

Alwen said...

They show off your handknit socks and they look so good, too!

I have to attempt to find sandals for the summer, and tonight it is supposed to get below freezing again, brrr!

Anonymous said...

Great find. You did find the perfect shoes, didn't you?

Michele said...

as everyone says - those are perfect for handknit socks! beautiful socks too.

Denise said...

They are perfect!!

Snoozen said...

My sort of comfie cosy shoes and great display shoes to show off those wonderful socks! With the focus being on the socks and not on the shoes.

My Five Sons said...

What perfect shoes!! I went searching a while ago but could only get a pair of slip ons that are only comfortable with the sport weight socks I dyed and knit last year,I really wanted a pair to show off the new socks finished this year!
Love your blanket from last post!! Im inspired to get mine out!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are perfect! I'm on exactly the same hunt, hampered somewhat my the fact that my feet are enormous - wide and long - to start with, and with handknit socks they just become ridiculous!

I love seeing all the shoes that you post!

Kylie said...

Oh I have a very much loved pair of merrells that are brown suede and have become my inside shoes. I will have to keep an eye out for a pair like this. Love the knitted socks too.