Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SHOESday: an oldie but a goodie (again!)

Ah, another SHOESday, another tried and tested favourite, my old faithful red boots. I can't remember what year I bought them, but I think it must have been at least 5 years ago, again (as almost always it seems) from David Jones and on sale to boot (heh!)
I do love these boots. They are perhaps not the fashionable shape right now, and the toes and heels have some obvious wear (and they've been resoled as well), but I do love them, and wear them, anyway. I especially love the unusually shaped heel, and the colour - such a deep lovely shade of red. Oh, and don't forget the lining - purple (more purple than shows in this picture, which makes it look a bit blue)! Fa-ab-ulous darlings!

12 comments:

Bells said...

Oh yes. They ARE fabulous. They just go so well with a pair of boot cut jeans, as your photo demonstrates. I love that heel. I think I would like to wear that style heel.

note to self: get boots.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, memories... A rainy day, a local cafe, chai, knitting, laughter, friendship... Beautiful.

MadMad said...

That is a cool heel!

amanda j said...

I love your boots! I have one pair and must must must get more. I keep wondering if you will run out of shoes for shoesday, but you never do!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous indeed! I love that heel, and red shoes are a personal favorite of mine too!

Em said...

Oh, they're awesome! I didn't process the heel shape first and thought "damn, i really do need glasses!" and then I noticed that I was seeing it correctly. How unique and interesting. Especially with the lining.

TinkingBell said...

Yet another pair of your shoes I want - you are a temptress - I so want a pair of red boots this year.....

Sarah said...

Love that heel shape, can see why they're favourites

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome boots. I love the color!

Nellie said...

Red boots with purple lining have to be one of the high points of civilisation.

Snoozen said...

The boots look really comfortable. What is fashion and who is to say that you are not leading the fashion stakes and this shape may re-appear next season.

Anyhow great boots. My shoe wardrobe is so in need of an overhaul... have tried to book in a shopping expedition with my sister for a weekend soon... or maybe I should wait till the mid year sales.

Denise said...

Want!