Tuesday, May 06, 2008

SHOESday: Boots boots boots

Well, it was inevitable ... the cold weather strikes, the rain won't go away, and so out must come the boots. Today's boots I like to think of as my witchypoo boots. The toes are somewhat pointy. And they curl up at the ends - which is not intentional, by the way - it just happens with a lot of pointy toed shoes/boots - because there's nothing in that end bit to keep them flat and the motion of walking and bending your foot just makes them go a bit like that. I guess I could stuff the toes with newspaper or somesuch but you know, it doesn't bother me that much.I quite like them with the stripey knee socks ... I might even wear them to work tomorrow with the socks. Does anybody dare me (because I really must pretend I am 5 instead of my actual age!)(Of course, I'd wear a long black skirt as well, so there'd be only the mere hint of stripes as I walked. But what fun! Who says work clothes need to be staid and boring!)

19 comments:

Bells said...

Oh you must wear them with the stripes! Do it! I think it looks fantastic.

LOVE them!

Michelle said...

Do it! Do it! I wear stripey socks with my red MJs all the time.

TinkingBell said...

Love the boots - be even better if the knee socks were red and white striped.....

Georgie said...

Double dare ya! And make sure you cross your legs to give a good sock flash at any meetings!

Anonymous said...

Oh-so-cool! I love the idea of wearing striped socks with them.

Linda said...

You have to wear them with the socks, they look great!

Anonymous said...

All I can think of is The Wizard of Oz and the Wicked Witch's stockings. Wear them to work, be wicked on the 'inside'!!!
Word Verification: cered. I 'see red' every time I come here!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I can just hear you say, "And your little dog too!" Great boots!

Snoozen said...

Go for it brighten up everyones mid-week, including your own. Thanks for the knitting translation hoping to be able to do more knitting soon!

Michele said...

okay i'm killing myself laughing here now. by boots i thought you meant you know like real snow boots or serious mud boots. or steel toes or something - at the very least Blunstones. ahhh no - you live in the city and you mean pretty boots. they are lovely! tell somewhere though in the big shoe closet of yours you have some Blunnies or at least a pair of desert boots. lie if you have to.

Alwen said...

I certainly dare you!

But I'm thinking you have to be able to come up with a witchie-poo laugh to wear the boots and the stripes and a black skirt. (And doesn't that just scream for red lingerie!)

Nellie said...

So did you do it? How could you not? The whole package is just too good to be passed up - the pointiness and stripiness are too good!

Donna Lee said...

I would so wear them with the socks. I wear bright socks under my dress pants all the time and love the reaction I get when I cross my legs and people get a glimpse of the socks.

Sarah said...

Hope you wore them with the socks - lovely combo.

Have a pair of witchy boots too and they are soooo useful

Anonymous said...

With those socks, it's sooooo Wizard of Oz. I love them.

Denise said...

What gorgeous boots! And stripey socks - you gotta do it, go on! Do it! Do it!

Em said...

Oh, I hope you went for it (it's Wednesday night in the States, the day's long over for you, my dear). I love wearing my precious few pairs of handknit socks to work, it feels so liberating. I'm with you, work clothes don't need to be staid or stuffy. And one day, I'll have a job that doesn't require black pants and flat shoes for the uniform and be able to help prove that...

~Jody said...

Love the socks almost more than the boots! Although the boots are pretty great too!

Anonymous said...

I love the way the toes point up! Gorgeous.

I bet you wore the socks, didn't you?