Sunday, May 18, 2008

Many good goodies

I've been a very lucky knitter this week - lots of goodies in the mail and a few more bought for myself as well. Grab yourself a nice comfy seat (well, I hope you're sitting down anyway as you are reading blogs but you know what I mean!), a nice cup of tea or coffee or other beverage of choice, and prepare yourself for the pretties!

First up, a signed (yes, signed) copy of the Yarn Harlot's latest book, thanks to the wonderful MadMad! Thanks so much lovey!! Along with Amy's lovely surprise and Kim's lovely yarn last week, it almost almost makes up for not being there!! (Gosh I would have lot to have met up with you all!). And the card is perfect! How did you manage to get a picture of me baking!!!
Another surprise came on Friday - I was nominated for and won a prize for the Ravelry Australian Knitters Bag Lady Swap! Check it out - a heavy duty canvas bag specially printed (and huge - will hold much yarny goodness!) and 2 balls of a reddy/burgundy Lincraft cosy wool, which I've never used but which is great for felting, so I hear) and a cool yarny card.And the other side of the bag is printed too - perfect!And finally, I toddled along to Hope Street Markets yesterday with a workmate S (and even dragged husby along too). Very arty young crowd (also some stinky male art (possibly) students (probably) - soap people, use soap - it's good stuff!) and fabulous things. I could have bought a lot more, but you know how it is - I am trying to keep the amount of "stuff" I buy to a minimum. So here's what I got:
A fab knitting lino cut in my colour of the moment - orange - this is by Katie Muth.

A cool red riding hood zippered purse, by Lilypad Designs.
And a necklace made of what is kind of like laminated fabric on board - I don't think it's laminated, but it's covered in some sort of plastic or thin clear resin - hard to tell, but I kept going back to the stall, so had to have a piece - the green in this really called to me. These are made by the very alike Strutt Sisters.
Lovely goodies to brighten my week - thanks MadMad, JP and the artists at the Hope Street Market (which is on again today if anyone happens to be reading this and in Sydney and have some free time!). (And for those wondering, will post about the scarf from my last post tomorrow!!)

8 comments:

Kate said...

I've got to get me some civilisation. I'm bored with the offerings here. I declare June shall be travel month!

Bells said...

WOW! Scores all round. Nice stuff. And a signed YH book! I hope you enjoy the book as much as I am right now.

Glad your trip the markets was a good one. That print is gorgeous!

TinkingBell said...

Oh such gorgeous goodies! and a well deserved Bag Lady award - I loves it!

Linda said...

Very nice things. I love the post card and the bag!

Em said...

What a great trip you must have had. And oh, the pretties! There are some farmer's markets up here I want to check out, if it ever stops raining...

I love the picture of hands knitting you picked up, the orange really looks great in it.

Snoozen said...

Wow shame we read your blog on Sunday night would have loved to go to Hope Street Markets. Is it a quarterly event?

You seem to be very very lucky on the gift front. Really gorgeous stuff.

Donna Lee said...

I love the print! What a great find. And I hear you about the soap. I also want to give a shout out about the habit of using too much cologne. Why do men wear stinky cologne and then take a bath in it? Surely, a woman in their life could let them know? I was in a store to buy milk today and a very tough looking biker guy was next to me and when I left, I smelled like him. But I wasn't going to tell him, he had spikes on his clothes!

MadMad said...

That is such a cool print! But you want smelly? Try a cafeteria full of middle schoolers for an entire day of judging speech performances - flop sweat AND puberty and mixed up together. Whew!