Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sockapalooza!

I received my fab-0 socks last week, from my sockpal PixelDiva - great colour, great fit, designed by her especially for me!! She also included a fab skein of rose red yarn and the cutest little lamb, with spare sock yarn just in case...I love these socks - a picot cuff, which I've always wanted to try on socks but haven't yet, and a great eyelet pattern down both sides of the leg and foot.
And best of all, an arrow lace pattern down the back of the sock - I really like the idea of the pattern at the back - looks like a plain sock from the front but the real interest is behind!Now just have to decide what to make with the yummy squishy yarn - something for me, me me!!
*****************************************************
And if you want to be further impressed, check out Bells - after some not inconsiderable effort, Bells is almost at the summit with her steeked jacket - a fantastic effort of which I am so jealous!

14 comments:

catsmum said...

So so so jealous that you got to play with Jejeune and Bells.
- love the socks too - I'm sure that they'll be very happy on your tootsies.
hugz
S

Anonymous said...

That yarn is so yummy!!! Lucky you - the socks seem perfect for you.

Amy said...

Those are pretty much the most gorgeous socks I've ever seen! Lucky you!

Linda said...

Very gorgeous socks! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Those socks are gorgeous! How nice that they were designed just for you. Wow--that must make you feel special :-)

Going to check out Bells...

Bells said...

they look as gorgeous as I thought they would when you described them to me! Someone out there is very clever.

Georgie said...

Such lovely socks - very elegant!

TinkingBell said...

Lovely lovely lovely - now you need to buy some fabulous shoes to show them off!!!!

Ann said...

Such lovely socks & the color is gorgeous - looks great on you!

Em said...

Such classy, elegant, fun socks! Your sockpal did great!! And the extra yarn for darning is a good idea, too.

Thanks for stopping by to comment, I may well be asking questions soon; I'll be casting on for my first pair of sock soon.

Denise said...

Oh they are gorgeous socks! I love the little lamby too... hmmm, a friend for Lulu?? But no, your lamb looks too innocent and sweet. Better not let them meet...

Diana said...

I'd say those were sexy socks with that lace down the back!!! Very nice!

Tournesol said...

Like the pattern at the back, it's going to make people stare at your ankles. Sheep seem to be popular in England at the moment :-)

Anonymous said...

great socks!

sounds like you had a really fun time with bells.

need to e-mail you some crochet questions.