Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SHOESday: Purple

Bells nominated Purple shoes as today's theme, and I'm happy to go with that! (I did have to choose between a couple of options though...the other pair can wait!)

I think of these as my "Stepford Wife" shoes (or perhaps more correctly, my 1950s homemaker who gives her husband a martinin when he arrives home from work, after making sure the children are washed, fed and neat!) - I often wear them with a floral patterned, very girly dress and a 3/4 sleeve purple cardi and I feel all ladylike and domestic goddessy, clipping around in these completely impractical but so pretty shoes! (Even the heel is purple!)


(And I'm not really that girly most of the time, honest!)

Theme for next week - I'm looking for inspiration - what sort of shoes would you like to see, or would you like to flash?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! How could anyone NOT feel like a lady in those shoes?! They remind me of some grape-colored Joan & David's I had (oh, back in 1983) - my all-time favorite shoe.

Georgie said...

Very, very stylish - I love the little bow-with-gold-tips detail.

Hmmm, next week....since winters almost over, and I find it very tricky to find groovy winter (ie warm!) shoes, how about your fave winter shoes?

TinkingBell said...

Pretty pretty - I soooo want to raid your shoe cupboard - how about next week's theme being the FMHAFM shoes (we all have a pair - even if we haven't worn them in a looooongg time!)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, but I'd fall flat on my face without a strap!
And yes, clipping around is very ladylike - unlike my clomping around in chunky boots [remember Saturday?]. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Wicked J. Don't think I've seen you wear those before.

Suggest for next week those gorgeous multicoloured jewel flats. I think there might be a heart on them.

MadMad said...

Love 'em! Very pretty!

Shazmina Bendi said...

Animal Print. I want to see Animal Print. And red toenails. very Vamp, very Nigella!

Bells said...

Be still my beating heart. I adore those. Don't leave them lying around when I'm nearby. You'll never see them again. I will try and get a photo of my purple shoes this afternoon.

Em said...

I'd never thought purple shoes could be so saucy and feminine (our local shoe shop sells mostly the old-lady-pastel-flats). Those are lovely, and have just the right touch of attitude to them. Goodness, you have great taste in shoes!

Linda said...

Lovely shoes! I want to see if you have any trainers or clomping boots :) !!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, 1950's domesticity WISHES it were that sexy. I love the purple heels.

Snoozen said...

Love the shoes. Gorgeous colour.

I agree with queen of the froggers I would love to see what you classify as your plainest or most boring shoes.

Donna Lee said...

I can see you know, vacuuming (I can never spell that word) in your purple shoes and a discreet pair of pearls. Those are beautiful shoes.

Anonymous said...

these are so so pretty. and feminine. i love your description of how they make you feel.

no suggestions for next week just happy to read the back story on the shoes which ever ones you show us.

Anonymous said...

Oooo love your purple shoes.
I have a purple leather bag on order, it would match perfectly.
I'm sure I could call you Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex in the City".