Thursday, September 13, 2007

Progress report

Well, I haven't gotten quite as far on Beau as I'd hoped - I have finished the front but haven't started seaming or the collar. Maybe this weekend?
I have finished the first Spey Valley sock, which I'm pretty happy with - minimal pooling around the gusset area, unlike my experience with the Jaywalkers!
I used 2.25mm sticks for these, one size down from my usual 2.5mm sticks - love how the socks feel, so soft and smooshy! And I've even cast on the second sock, no SSS on these ones - I'm hoping to have these finished for husby's birthday in early October.
*********************
And just for Catsmum, more new niece details:
Hannah Elise, born last Monday 3 September, weighing 8lb exactly! Probably not going to be a redhead like her older brother!

12 comments:

MadMad said...

Lookie! I'm first (cuz it's all about me...)! I love the cool camo-socks! And I'm sure he will, too! And I love the signature red toe.

Michele said...

looks like you'll have a happy birthday guy on your hands!

the beau is getting so close.

Snoozen said...

H is a very lucky man. I have had a request for a jersey from my H but it is to scary to contemplate yet. Might start off with a scarf or just finish EEs cardi.

Bells said...

all looking great RR. Beau isn't too far away now!

Definitely minimal pooling on the gusset, but it does change a little bit around there, doesn't it? Not too obviously though.

TinkingBell said...

Love the socks - love Beaus - you busy little twinkle,you!

Em said...

What awesome socks! I confess, I still think they're a little magical, and that knitting them is sort of like a cult (one i'm hoping to join soon...). The red toe looks nifty set against the camo, was it hard to switch yarns (bear with me, i'm a knitting newbie)?

Anonymous said...

Beau is looking great!! I like the brownness. Love the Jaywalker, especially the red toe!!!

Linda said...

Nice socks, I feel the sock urge coming on!

catsmum said...

fabulous especially the toe - and thanks for the extra baby details. I hereby reinstate your aunty points.

Ann said...

Love the socks & the colors are gorgeous especially the red toe!

Anonymous said...

Beau is looking good! And I like the Rose Red touch on the sock's toe! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get lots of knitting time this weekend...Beau looks great from here.

The sock is so cool, with that red toe action.