Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yarn details

Thanks to all who commented on yesterday's post, the previous day too - and also, somewhat belatedly, for the very nice comments on my Jo Sharp cardi - it certainly came in handy in New York! I'll post some shots wearing it when I can bear to put it on (ie when it gets cold here - so don't hold your breath!).

Belinda asked whether I knew what I wanted before I got there. The short answer is yes! I definitely wanted to buy some Koigu - so many bloggers rave about it and it is so hard to get, so that was top of my list, as was other sock yarn generally. I wanted to get some laceweight yarn, but had no particular preference - Jaggerspun zephyr or Misti alpaca were in mind. I ended up with Misti, plus the KSH and some Lacey Lamb, which is just soooo soft! I wanted to get some Manos and some more Malabrigo (check to both!) and then the rest - well, I picked lovely soft yarns, colours that appealed to me, and amounts that could be (relatively) easily packed in our already quite full suitcases. But choosing was sooo hard. Lucky I have a very patient husband (who visited all of these shops with me).

Catsmum, the yarn in the bottom right corner is the Great Adirondack yarn in colour Peacock, a merino/silk blend. I think the maker is based in NY (not Manhattan, upstate somewhere?) and so I thought it would be a great souvenir yarn (as well as just having gorgeous colours!)

I found when I put it all together that I tended to pick a pretty close range of colours - well, I guess you could say these are some of my favourites!

So the yarn is:

L-R: 2 skeins Koigu KPPM
1 skein Malabrigo (top)
5 balls Rowan Kidsilk Haze
3 skeins Claudia's Handpainted yarn, worsted weight, colour Black Walnut






Top: 2 skeins Manos del Uruguay, colours are mainly oranges and blues
Bottom: 2 skeins Koigu KPPM - because it matched the Manos so well. I'm quite getting into orange at the moment.










Top: 2 skeins Claudia's Handpainted sock yarn
1 skein Handmaiden seasilk
2 skeins Elisabeth Lavold Silky Wool
2 skeins Koigu KPM (a lovely semi-solid blue)








L-R: 2 skeins Classic Elite classic (I think - it is a 50/50 merino/tencel blend - very soft)
4 skeins Koigu, with 2 more underneath
Great Adirondack in Peacock









And finally, with my colour-coordinated Nelly in the background:
1 ball Trekking XXL
2 balls Lacey Lamb
2 balls Misti Alpaca

Now I just have to add it all into my stash spreadsheet and set the rules for my Knit from your Stash 2007 project!

No comments: